Supporting you plus our 24/7 phone support
Becoming foster parents is a big step and we know fostering can be a 24 hour 7 day a week job so at Rainbow we support carers on this basis. We are always there to provide help and reassurance at the end of a phone line. We operate an put of hours system providing access to a social worker meaning a member of the team is always available to provide assistance, guidance and support.
Why do you want to be a foster carer? This is the key question we always ask and the answers give us an idea of how best to provide the highest levels of support geared always at successful outcomes and built around the care we take in closely matching children and young persons to our carers. You can be assured that our placement staff strive always to collect the fullest information regarding every child or young person referred to us.
In the area of support our independent foster care services cover:
- telephone advice and support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- your own dedicated supervising social worker who will keep regular contact
- invitation to our carer support groups: social and best practice meetings
- careful detailed matching around your general preferences
- access to online training and e-learning
- access to trainers both ‘in house’ and external specialists
- access to respite care